Figs commonly known as Anjeer in India is a sweet tasting fruit. The fresh fruit is perishable hence it is dried and preserved to enjoy the goodness throughout the year.
Fig can be dried using chemical process or by natural sun drying. Natural sun-dried Kashmiri figs are available at www.puremart.in
Figs are sweet, soft, chewy with crunchy edible seeds which makes it very tasty.
During ancient times when refined sugar was not available; figs were used to sweeten the dishes.
While selecting the figs to ensure that they have deep colour and are soft.
Figs contain natural sugar, soluble fibre, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants which are required to maintain good health.
There are many health benefits of Kashmiri dried figs as mentioned below
1. They act as the natural laxative due to high fibre content. They tone the intestine.
2. Kashmiri dried figs are the good source of calcium, which maintains the bone density and prevents osteoporosis.
3. Kashmiri dried figs are rich in potassium which regulates the blood pressure. It lowers high blood pressure.
4. The high fibre content of figs helps in weight management.
5. Dried Kashmiri figs contain omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids which prevent heart diseases.
6. Figs prevent colon cancer.
7. Figs are considered good for diabetic patients.
8. Kashmiri figs are known to cure and prevent sexual dysfunction like sterility and erectile dysfunction.
9. Figs prevent muscular degeneration like loss of eyesight in aged people.
10. Kashmiri figs are known to heal sore throats due to its high mucilage content.
You may or may not wash dried figs before consuming. These figs are sun-dried naturally and do not contain any chemical processing.
Figs need to be stored in an airtight container and kept in a cool dry place. You may keep it in the refrigerator as well.
Figs are delicious and are packed with super nutrition. So consume it regularly to get all the benefits.