Sesame oil is the classic Ayurvedic massage oil for reducing Vata and nourishing the nervous system. It is high in oleic and linoleic acids. It’s a source of vitamin E, magnesium, copper, calcium, iron, zinc and vitamin B6. Sesame oil has a high percentage of polyunsaturated fatty acids and one of the highest concentrations of omega-6.
- Consumption of sesame oil reduces the blood pressure.
- Balancing the cholesterol by eliminating the bad cholesterol(LDL) and increasing the good cholesterol(HDL)
- It has antibacterial, anti microbial, properties and therefore helps to prevent infections both internally and extremely.
- It unique chemical structure allows fast and easy penetration through the skin and also other tissues.
- It also has anti cancer properties and has shown to inhibit growth of malignant melanoma.
- It is a natural UV protector.
How to use
- Taken internally, 1-2 tablespoon daily, cold pressed sesame oil moistens dry membranes and tissues and softens and loosens dry and hardened toxins.
- For external usage (massage): sesame oil is prepared by heating the oil with one or two drops of water until water evaporates. Heating oil increases antioxidant effects.
- When massaged into the scalp once a week, it nourishes the scalp and restores the natural balance and luster of hair.
- Rub oil all over the body and leave it to soak for 15 minutes take a warm bath, for it opens the pores and allows oil to permeate. It has a healing, rejuvenative properties. It protects the skin from minor infection, keeps the skin young, flexible and healthy.
- It can be used cooking, Mouthwash and Gargling.